Topic: What do i need to send email from iReadMail

Hello All,

I'm very new on this email stuff and one of my supervisor ask me to set-up a new mail server. Our company already have an email system and would like to migrate to new one.

I have successfully installed iredmail on ubuntu 16.04 with FQDN mail.myacompany.com (this is the same as my previous server FQDN name). I user MariaDB as DB and RoundCube as web mail interface. I haven't change MX record from previous email server to this new one.

Question :

1. I cant send email from this server to gmail, what is my mistake ? Where do i can see the log of this email sending process ?
2. Do i need to set-up MX record for this server to work properly ?
3. Does this error have any correlation with my previous FQDN mail server name which exactly same as this new one ?

Thank you.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: What do i need to send email from iReadMail

johansr wrote:

1. I cant send email from this server to gmail, what is my mistake ? Where do i can see the log of this email sending process ?

Check /var/log/maillog.

johansr wrote:

2. Do i need to set-up MX record for this server to work properly ?

For a production server, yes.

johansr wrote:

3. Does this error have any correlation with my previous FQDN mail server name which exactly same as this new one ?

I suppose not related. But you need to find related error from /var/log/maillog first.

Hello ZhangHuangbin,

Following is the log from mail log (i copied on single line of it) :

postfix/smtp[27219]: connect to alt4.aspmx.l.google.com[173.194.219.26]:25: Connection timed out

I supposed i cant connect to those host at given port.

Fyi, those error occurred when i try to send email from my server to gmail (and other mail provider such as microsoft). What do i wrong here ?

Fyi also, i'm installing the server on google cloud engine.

Thank you

johansr wrote:

Fyi also, i'm installing the server on google cloud engine.

FYI: https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/t … ding-mail/

Quote:

Note: Port 25 is always blocked and cannot be used, even through SMTP relay using G Suite.