1 (edited by pashaxp 2018-02-24 02:01:50)

Topic: Account sends emails to others (same domain) as if they are external

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):  0.9.7 MYSQL edition.
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?   No, free version
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi!
Is it possible to set up a domain (let it be example.com) in iRedAdmin (not PRO) and a mailbox  (i.e  user@example.com) in such way that if I send to whatever@example.com  it is recognized  by iRedAdmin as not a local domain, but  make an external delivery , as it happens with any other email like blabla@gmail.com  ?

I want this iRedAdmin server to handle outgoing mails only,  MX servers of example.com point to different servers.

External delivery on iRedadmin server works perfectly for all domains, except example.com.  The thing is that if I send to    something@example.com ,  it is recognized as local delivery, and postfix says "user not found", while I want it to be external delivery.  And I want to keep  SMTP auth on the server, that is why I created example.com as domain, and  user@example.com. I log in with this user from other system and send emails as via user@example.com through  iRedAdmin server.

Maybe I don`t need to create a domain and user , but make a simple sasl  settings, but I am not sure.  The goal is to send emails through iRedAdmin with SMTP auth and with DKIM.

Thanks  in advance for any help!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Account sends emails to others (same domain) as if they are external

There's a conflict with default iRedMail settings if we strictly follow your design:

- To allow relay without verifying local domain/recipient, we need to set SQL column "domain.backupmx=1".
- To allow smtp auth with local user, Postfix is configured to required SQL column "domain.backupmx=0".

Ignoring "domain.backup=0/1" in SQL query is not a good idea because they're different.

i have no idea how to make it working as you wish.