1 (edited by ca_maer 2018-03-08 03:57:11)

Topic: Dovecot quota email sent to spam

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.7
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PGSQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hello,

Is there a way to prevent emails sent from Dovecot to hit the junk folder ? The quota warning is sent to junk which is not seeb by the user. I'm looking in the /var/log/mail.log file but I don't see the email passing trough so I'm assuming dovecot directly put the warning in the user junk mail.

Thanks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Dovecot quota email sent to spam

Did you see any spamassassin rules and scores tagged for this email in Postfix log file?

3 (edited by ca_maer 2018-03-10 04:28:02)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Did you see any spamassassin rules and scores tagged for this email in Postfix log file?

No there is no logs for this email at all in /var/log/mail.log

4 (edited by ca_maer 2018-03-10 04:37:15)

After some more tests it seems to be apple mail that flag it as junk. Is there a way to send it using postfix instead ?

ca_maer wrote:

Is there a way to send it using postfix instead ?

Sure.
Update file "/usr/local/bin/dovecot-quota-warning.sh" to send email with SMTP AUTH.

Thanks for the help Zhang. Adding the user email in the body bypassed the junk rule for apple mail and now delivers the mail in the mailbox of both the admin and the user

ca_maer wrote:

Adding the user email in the body bypassed the junk rule for apple mail

Would you mind sharing the details? How to add the user email in the body?