Topic: Forwardings records for alias_domain not created for new mailbox

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): v0.9.7
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): Mysql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi,

We have configured a domain alias directly by sql command as explain in https://docs.iredmail.org/sql.add.alias.domain.html.

However, when we create a new user, it appears that the entry in the Forwardings table is not automatically created for the alias. Have we missed something, should it be done manually?

Regards
Frederic

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Forwardings records for alias_domain not created for new mailbox

Just the SQL command mentioned in the document is required.
You do NOT need to update sql table "forwardings" or "alias".

in this case i certainly miss a step during our last update, because the mails sent to the alias of the domain arrive only if the entry for the mailbox is created in the table forwarding.

fledoux wrote:

the mails sent to the alias of the domain arrive only if the entry for the mailbox is created in the table forwarding.

Let's say you have primary domain "primary.com", and its alias domain "alias.com", to send email to "fledoux@alias.com", the account "fledoux@primary.com" must exist (it could be a mail user, mail alias, mailing list account).

Yes, that's what I understood from reading the documentation. But in our case, despite the presence of the records for the domain alias in the database, when we create the address mail@masterdomain.tld in iredadmin the messages to mail@aliasdomain.tld are rejected. Thanks for your time, i will re-check the  server conf.

After checking, nothing is missing ... and it's work now, probably a service restart problem cause the only thing i've done is restarting the server ^^. Thanks for all zhangHuangbin. Thread closed for me