Topic: Deletion of iredmail account dosnt free up space. Advice needed.

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):     0.9.5-1
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:      Ubuntu server 14.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):      MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):      Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?      no
====

Dear Zhang! Kindly assist me in removing mail account, mail box, and its occupied space completely. I have deleted couple of accounts since my server is showing 87% of HDD space occupied, but even after deleting 50 GB of 750 GB, its showing the same space (webmin). Can you pls help me in reclaiming the space... Thanks for your assistance.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Deletion of iredmail account dosnt free up space. Advice needed.

if you try to remove mail account with iRedAdmin (either open source edition or iRedAdmin-Pro), it will show you an option to keep the mailbox for how long. iRedAdmin has a daily cron job for root user ("tools/delete_mailboxes.py") to delete the mailbox of removed account.

Of course you can run this script manually to remove them.

Re: Deletion of iredmail account dosnt free up space. Advice needed.

Thanks a lot Zhang! I opened file manager in webmin in /var/mail/vmail1/domain/and sub directories and manually deleted all he mail box. They have freed lots of space. thanks for your kind reply, i will try the script too...