Topic: SSL issue?!

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.

==

Hello I followed the lets encrypt tut. but;
how to resolve this?

Post's attachments

Schermafbeelding 2018-04-08 om 10.48.54.png
Schermafbeelding 2018-04-08 om 10.48.54.png 139.51 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: SSL issue?!

- What's the server hostname?
- Do you access the web via domain name 'easyvoicemail.nl'? like https://easyvoicemail.nl?
- Show us the full certbot command you used to request cert.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

- What's the server hostname?
- Do you access the web via domain name 'easyvoicemail.nl'? like https://easyvoicemail.nl?
- Show us the full certbot command you used to request cert.

Hi Zhang,

The host is EasyVoicemail.nl but the email address are @easyvoiceonline.nl
This is the command;

Thanks again!

Post's attachments

Schermafbeelding 2018-04-08 om 11.43.14.png
Schermafbeelding 2018-04-08 om 11.43.14.png 11.69 kb, 1 downloads since 2018-04-08 

The original error says you don't have an A record for easyvoicemail.nl. But seems your hostname is NOT easyvoicemail.nl, please show us output of command "hostname -f".

Also, iRedMail doesn't allow you to use same hostname and mail domain name.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

The original error says you don't have an A record for easyvoicemail.nl. But seems your hostname is NOT easyvoicemail.nl, please show us output of command "hostname -f".

Also, iRedMail doesn't allow you to use same hostname and mail domain name.

Post's attachments

Schermafbeelding 2018-04-08 om 21.52.53.png
Schermafbeelding 2018-04-08 om 21.52.53.png 12.67 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

The original error says you don't have an A type DNS record for domain name "easyvoicemail.nl".

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

The original error says you don't have an A type DNS record for domain name "easyvoicemail.nl".

Yeah it does but there is a record as you saw before in our communication! smile So what to do?

shaady wrote:
ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Yeah it does but there is a record as you saw before in our communication! smile So what to do?

You do not have them now under either domain - you must have removed them:

[root@plex ~]# dig +short ns easyvoicemail.nl.
v1.pcextreme.nl.
v2.pcextreme.nl.
v3.pcextreme.eu.
[root@plex ~]# dig +short a easyvoicemail.nl. @v1.pcextreme.nl.
[root@plex ~]# dig +short a easyvoicemail.nl. @v2.pcextreme.nl.
[root@plex ~]# dig +short a easyvoicemail.nl. @v3.pcextreme.eu.

9 (edited by shaady 2018-04-11 14:04:29)

stahr wrote:
shaady wrote:
ZhangHuangbin wrote:

You do not have them now under either domain - you must have removed them:

[root@plex ~]# dig +short ns easyvoicemail.nl.
v1.pcextreme.nl.
v2.pcextreme.nl.
v3.pcextreme.eu.
[root@plex ~]# dig +short a easyvoicemail.nl. @v1.pcextreme.nl.
[root@plex ~]# dig +short a easyvoicemail.nl. @v2.pcextreme.nl.
[root@plex ~]# dig +short a easyvoicemail.nl. @v3.pcextreme.eu.

Do I need to remove those cause these are the name servers?
IF yes how do I set the name servers correctly?

I was showing you how I came to that conclusion and how *you* could test my results.  I did not say you should remove your nameservers.  Do you yourself a favor and when you don't know what a command does, read its' man page OR search for it online.   When you do, you'll see that the command I gave queries your nameservers for the "a" record of easyvoicemail.nl. - because no IP address was printed in the output, it means that no record was found.

To prove this to you another way which might be simplier for you to understand.  Put either of these into your web browser:

http://easyvoicemail.nl/
https://easyvoicemail.nl/

what happens?  You probably get an error because "easyvoicemail.nl" cannot be resolved in DNS.  Fix this first, then wait a 3 hours for DNS to propagate (as non-existent entries are commonly cached for 3 hours, ) then attempt to use certbot.

stahr wrote:

I was showing you how I came to that conclusion and how *you* could test my results.  I did not say you should remove your nameservers.  Do you yourself a favor and when you don't know what a command does, read its' man page OR search for it online.   When you do, you'll see that the command I gave queries your nameservers for the "a" record of easyvoicemail.nl. - because no IP address was printed in the output, it means that no record was found.

To prove this to you another way which might be simplier for you to understand.  Put either of these into your web browser:

http://easyvoicemail.nl/
https://easyvoicemail.nl/

what happens?  You probably get an error because "easyvoicemail.nl" cannot be resolved in DNS.  Fix this first, then wait a 3 hours for DNS to propagate (as non-existent entries are commonly cached for 3 hours, ) then attempt to use certbot.

my apologies I didn't ment to be rude, we dutch guys are just a little direct!

Can you please explain me what I need to do to get that command working; these are my table settings. (pic1)

I see NS, I asume I should change them right? but my host partner doesn't let me I can contact them tomorrow. (pic2)
they should point to 185.95.31.182? Right, please don't be mad if I get it wrong the first time. I learn fast!

Thank you very much!

Post's attachments

Schermafbeelding 2018-04-11 om 23.22.46.png
Schermafbeelding 2018-04-11 om 23.22.46.png 92.93 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Schermafbeelding 2018-04-11 om 23.24.38.png
Schermafbeelding 2018-04-11 om 23.24.38.png 34.1 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

12 (edited by shaady 2018-04-12 18:27:45)

Thanks A lot for your help guys smile We've done it!

Post's attachments

Schermafbeelding 2018-04-12 om 12.26.29.png
Schermafbeelding 2018-04-12 om 12.26.29.png 7.32 kb, file has never been downloaded.