Topic: migration from exchange

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====
Looking for a solution to migrate some 100 users from exchange hosted at Rackspace to in-house server.
Preliminary trials failed.
One requirement from the customer. Must use Outlook.
Using "imapsync" I was able to migrate the mailboxes OK Had to rename some folders
Contact and calendar folders do not migrate.
1- Try to convert contacts to vcards but it does not scale with each user have over 1000 contacts.
    even if moving one at a time the import will not match sogo fileds as sogo do not have "middle Name" fileds things get real messy
2- Was not able to get Calendar to properly sync in outlook and the mobile devices.

3- Time to reconfigure each user became economically prohibitive.

if anyone have a solution I would like to hear, will consider commercial solutions

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: migration from exchange

If you have to use sogo but there's some (application / programming) issue, it's better contact SOGo team to get support, or ask them to improve.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

If you have to use sogo but there's some (application / programming) issue, it's better contact SOGo team to get support, or ask them to improve.

At this point I am looking for any solution, not tied to any specific product. Would like to keep ired and SOGo but if there is no solution I must look elsewhere.
I contacted SOGo and yet no reply from their support team.

sergiocesar wrote:

2- Was not able to get Calendar to properly sync in outlook and the mobile devices.

Do you have enough SOGo child processes running to handle the requests? Search /var/log/sogo/sogo.log, make sure no long line like "No more child".

sergiocesar wrote:

1- Try to convert contacts to vcards but it does not scale with each user have over 1000 contacts.
    even if moving one at a time the import will not match sogo fileds as sogo do not have "middle Name" fileds things get real messy

If missing "middle name" field in SOGo, i'm afraid that only SOGo team can help fix it.