Topic: Too_Many_Redirects Errors when accessing https://mail.company.com
======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.8
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
front-end: CentOS 7, Nginx Rever Proxy
upstream/backend server for iRedMail: CentOS 7, Nginx
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): OpenLDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
Error message from Chrome as an example
This page isn’t working
mail.company.com redirected you too many times.
Try clearing your cookies.
Check the URL of "https://mail.company.com/" on https://redirect-checker.org and get the following messages:
What is the issue?
I have a "too_many_redicts" errors consistentently across computers and browsers when trying to access the web applications (RoundCube, SOGo, etc.) on my on-site email server from a web browser.
I tried all the suggested advice in this post, no luck so far. So I would like to ask for some help here. Thanks in advance!
Details of the intranet and the iRedMail server
(1) The front-end server on the intranet (hostname: reverseproxy.company.com):
(1) CentOS 7 + Nginx reverse proxy configuration
(2) letsencrypt SSL certificates were applied to the host
(3) pass the visit to the upstream server for iRedMail.
(2) The upstream iRedMail server on the intranet (hostname: mx.company.com)
(1) it is a proxy server sitting behind the front-end server
(2) a clean host and a fresh instaltion of iRedMail 0.9.8 by following the instruction on this post https://docs.iredmail.org/install.iredmail.on.rhel.html
(3) the index.html file content under /var/www/html/
<meta HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" content="0; url=/mail/">
(3) The public MX records for the email server ( domain name: mail.company.com) was set up and works fine
URLs Results ========================================================================================================
http://mx.company.com redirect to http://mx.insightical.com/mail; success
http://internal_ip_address of the email server/ redirect to http://ip_address/mail; success
https://mail.company.com "Too_Many_Redirect" error
(1) the above testing resutls are consistent across different computers and different browswers