Topic: How do I get support?

Dear Zhang,

My thread ("Migration questions") has been open for five days now and has received only one response that only partially answered my questions. I replied with clarification of my questions, and answered your "curious" question about why I wanted to do something. I answered your question because I presume it's important to you to understand how your customers use your product. The point is that I am happy to engage in back-and-forth conversation that is mutually beneficial; I am not here just to suck you dry.

Then I followed up with five observations and questions. I answered one of my questions myself, but another question is a serious obstacle to my moving forward with this migration, which I have had to put off for two weeks now. Another question can wait until after the migration, unless of course something in the migration process caused the broken behaviour inside iRedAdmin-Pro, in which case it would be better to know before I do the live migration. And the other question can definitely wait until after the migration if it is not answered now, but the answer can't be that complicated and I have already suggested the possible answer.

I have done all that I should have to do before I ask questions: I have searched for answers on the Web, on your site, and in the documentation, and now I am here asking you to provide support for your product for which I pay a licence fee and which I just paid you to install so that you would know that it was installed properly.

Since my post you have answered other requests for support here, while ignoring mine.

What am I doing wrong? Am I asking my questions wrong? Am I asking too many questions? Must I pay $99 for every question I ask?

Craig

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: How do I get support?

Don't go mad.

You're moving fast for testing and some questions pop up, and i thought you will answer yourself soon during your testing. Many people created a forum post and they soon answered their own questions, like your reply here: https://forum.iredmail.org/post63031.html#p63031

Next time, if you need some assistance, just reply with some simple text to let us know in the old topic.

Re: How do I get support?

OK Zhang, I will try not to go mad. It's just after some days when I see other questions being answered but not mine I start to go mad. smile

I did make a post in the old topic summarising my problems because I thought maybe after all my posts it wasn't clear what issues I was still having and what I fixed. I only made a new post because I don't want to abuse your email address.