1 (edited by pedro_am 2018-05-26 19:47:44)

Topic: Unable to install iredmail (unsupported OS) ?!!!

Hi everyone , i am using debian 9 with kernel 4.16.0-1-amd64
when i run iRedmail.sh i get unsupported OS ?
i was trying to find in the bash script the lines that look for the OS , but i am not been able to find it .
Any ideas ?

It could be interesting addind some switches to iredmail.sh to install the packages when this happen .
like : ./iredmail.sh -os debian

something like this will avoid these type of threads here .
Also another idea is to not place ired cpanel on same http access as roundcube , this avoids hackers to exploit it .
example :
redcube port 443
iredmail port 8443

this way , the sysadmin can block the iredmail access from outside using iptables and leave the access to roundcube

Thanks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

2 (edited by pedro_am 2018-05-26 22:10:15)

Re: Unable to install iredmail (unsupported OS) ?!!!

Got it , the check up it is in config/global,sh
witch checks the file /etc/debian_version

mine had written : buster/sid and the script was expecting stretch .
I changed buster/sid to stretch/sid and it started working fine .

Jesus !!! no ipv6 then unable to install the packages ?!!!
ridiculous .
It looks that i have to change all the scripts & configs in iredmail to make it thru ,

pedro_am wrote:

We tested iRedMail on Debian 9 (stable release), not the sid branch. You're on your own if you are running iRedMail on untested distribution or release.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
pedro_am wrote:

We tested iRedMail on Debian 9 (stable release), not the sid branch. You're on your own if you are running iRedMail on untested distribution or release.

I was able to install the previous version without issues , it looks that the only problem is that you guys changed the iwsgi apache module to the iwsgi python module directly .
Since the previous versions work with apache then i had no issue install the iredmail package .

By the way , you guys made an excellent work on iredmail .
I had to made some changes to the apache sites config to be able to run roundcube on one port and iredadmin on another port .
I dont think it will be secure to everyone having iredadmin running on port 443 directly to the web .
In my config i setup round cube to the normal https port 443 and iredadmin to the posrt 8443 witch is blocked to the web .
Also i changed the alias in roundcube apache config from /mail to other stuff .
The reason i changed is that a folder with this name "mail" i easily spotted by web crawlers looking for vulnerabilities .

Apart of these options i changed , everything works without issues .