Topic: How to copy IMAP folder to new server?

Since I don't feel like figuring out how to migrate to the latest version I decided to just install a new server and recreate all accounts.   Almost all are POP3 accounts so that will be easy but I do have 2 IMAP accounts  on the current server.

If I were to create the accounts for those 2 IMAP addresses on the new server, is it possible to just copy the contents of the IMAP folders to the new server?  I won't be migrating any settings so I just want to try moving files from one account (old server) to another (new server)

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: How to copy IMAP folder to new server?

Imapsync should do the job.

Re: How to copy IMAP folder to new server?

I've just used imapcopy to do exactly that for my test iredmail install.  Copied 200G of email in 80 mailboxes.

I set up a temporary cloud Ubuntu box because my home 'net sucks, but if you've got fast net at home just do it on a linux box at home/office.

Then:   # apt-get install imapcopy.

Create a file called 'ImapCopy'cfg'  (Case sensitive) With the contents:

SourceServer source.yourdomain.com
SourcePort 143
DestServer dest.yourdomain.com
DestPort 143
CreateEmptyFolders
Copy "sourceuser@domain.com" "password" "destuser@domain.com "password"

Run 'imapcopy -t' will test the login/credentials.

Then just do 'imapcopy' and go get a coffee.

Note that imap copy is really robust and copes with huge volumes of email but it does not support imaps out of the box.

You can use stunnel tunnels for that which is what I've done to migrate between providers a few times, there's lots of info around on the web on how to do that.  I've also used imapsync in the past but found for large migrations of 100's of users or multi-TB mail migrations it isn't really up to the job..  One mailbox at the time for less than bout 10G per mailbox is Ok with imapsync though.

Cheers, Chris H.