1 (edited by craig 2018-06-11 16:23:01)

Topic: Limit forwarding of email

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.8
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 7.5
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?: Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Is it possible to configure iRedMail (or iRedAdmin-Pro or Roundcube) to stop users from forwarding email to a list of domains?

The problem is that some users forward all of their email to (for example) Gmail or Yahoo, and then when they receive spam in their free webmail account they click the "this is spam" button. Gmail and Yahoo respond by throttling mail from our server, both forwarded mail and mail sent directly to users on their system. Users don't realise that they are hurting themselves, as then all of their email is delayed or bounced. I'm thinking of mounting an educational programme to encourage users not to do this, with the end goal that at some point I might simply not allow users to forward their email to gmail.com, yahoo.com, hotmail.com, outlook.com, etc.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Limit forwarding of email

How do users manage their mail forwarding addresses on your server? iRedAdmin-Pro or Roundcube?

- For iRedAdmin-Pro, you can disable mail forwarding in domain profile page (for per-domain setting), or user profile page.
- For Roundcube, you need to disable the "redirect" directive in managesieve service, configured in plugin "managesieve".

So do I understand correctly that I can only completely allow or completely disallow forwarding? I can't just disallow forwarding to certain domains?

Currently iRedAdmin-Pro doesn't check the forwarding list against a list with disallowed domains, and i don't think managesieve supports this.

OK, thanks. Perhaps you could put that on the wish list for iRedAdmin-Pro.

Still no plan to implement it. I think this is not a technical issue.

Hmm, OK.