Topic: Whitelisting not working

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (0.9.8 PGSQL edition.):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 7.5
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PGSQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): NGINX
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====
Hello,

I've had our iredmail server up and running for a couple of days now and some of our regular contacts are getting blocked by the server. I've followed the info here:
https://docs.iredmail.org/manage.iredap … acklisting
and run the python scripts. I was able to add a few addresses and checked with python wblist_admin.py --list --whitelist and they show up. However the senders are still being blocked after a couple of hours.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Whitelisting not working

What's the original reject/error message in Postfix log file?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

What's the original reject/error message in Postfix log file?

Zhang,

Thanks for the reply.

It looks like a HELO issue:

Jun 19 14:04:22 puffin postfix/smtpd[9139]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from 50-201-36-42-static.hfc.comcastbusiness.net[50.201.36.42]: 450 4.7.1 <barracuda.krgenterprises.com>: Helo command rejected: Host not found; from=<gwaldman@krgenterprises.com> to=<jjrampsi@bkaarchs.com> proto=SMTP helo=<barracuda.krgenterprises.com>

I realize this means the sender's server is not configured correctly, but we get email from this consultant regularly.Does this require special handling?

Thanks.

Any update or more info on this issue? Thanks.

tplancon wrote:

I realize this means the sender's server is not configured correctly, but we get email from this consultant regularly.Does this require special handling?

Sure, just add a new line on top of file /etc/postfix/helo_access.pcre to whitelist it, like this:

/^barracuda\.krgenterprises\.com$/ DUNNO

Sure, just add a new line on top of file /etc/postfix/helo_access.pcre to whitelist it, like this:

/^barracuda\.krgenterprises\.com$/ DUNNO

Zhang,

Thanks much! But what does "DUNNO" do? It's not simply "OK"?

Oops, it's better use OK in HELO restriction rule HERE.

DUNNO will continue further exams, but OK will abort here and skip all further (HELO) exams.