Topic: what happens when you schedule a mailbox deletion?

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.8
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 7.4
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL (MariaDB 10.2.15)
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

what happens exactly when you schedule a mailbox deletion in let's say, 1 day? where does this get scheduled? i ask because after my reported error yesterday deleting a domain containing mailboxes, for which i specified deletion in 1 day, i double checked my db. i found the two mailboxes in question still listed under the table 'forwardings'. do these get removed in 1 day? or does that scheduled deletion only refer to deleting the physical mail stores from the file system? given that they were deleted everywhere else in the db but this one table, i feel this may have been an error. but am not sure. can you advise please? Thanks.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: what happens when you schedule a mailbox deletion?

- The mailbox deletion is for deleting mailbox, not for cleaning up mail accounts stored in sql db.
- Your server should have a cron job for root user to run script 'tools/delete_mailboxes.py' (under iRedAdmin directory)
- The orphan addresses in "forwardings" were caused by the bug you expereienced in your another post:
https://forum.iredmail.org/post63894.html#p63894

Re: what happens when you schedule a mailbox deletion?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

- The mailbox deletion is for deleting mailbox, not for cleaning up mail accounts stored in sql db.
- Your server should have a cron job for root user to run script 'tools/delete_mailboxes.py' (under iRedAdmin directory)
- The orphan addresses in "forwardings" were caused by the bug you expereienced in your another post:
https://forum.iredmail.org/post63894.html#p63894

Thanks. Case closed.