Topic: Allow all users to send as different user in apps.

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (0.9.8 PGSQL edition.):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 7.5
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PGSQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): NGINX
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No

====
Hello,

We have a couple of apps on our network that all users can use and that send out emails when a task is completed, such as a file transfer service. All users connect to the apps with their email address, but the apps connect to smtpd with one specific users account. The emails being sent from the users activity on the apps are being rejected and not sent.

I looked at the info here:
https://docs.iredmail.org/allow.certain … .user.html
But I don't have a

reject_sender_login_mismatch

line in my main.cf. What else would be causing this behavior?

Thanks!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Allow all users to send as different user in apps.

Update, I also followed the steps here:
https://docs.iredmail.org/allow.member. … .list.html
Still not able to send through the web apps.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Update - update
The steps in the links I listed above did not do anything. So I just removed the 'reject_sender_login_mismatch' plugin line from settings.py, restarted postfix and iredapd and now everyone seems to be able to email through the apps!

None of the instructions on how to list and allow senders with the plugin in place worked for me. I'm sure the rule has some security advantages, but what a pain in the neck!

Thanks for listening!

Steps:

- Enable iRedAPD plugin "reject_sender_login_mismatch" in /opt/iredapd/settings.py.
- Add setting "ALLOWED_LOGIN_MISMATCH_SENDERS = " in /opt/iredapd/settings.py, it looks like below:

ALLOWED_LOGIN_MISMATCH_SENDERS = ['domain.com', 'user2@here.com']

It means all users under "domain.com", and user "user2@here.com" can send as different user.

It's documented in /opt/iredapd/plugins/reject_sender_login_mismatch.py.