Topic: Which databases must be moved to new server

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
======== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.8
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MariaDB
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? ver 2.9
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I'm attempting to move iRedMail to a new server.  So far I've:
1. Loaded CentOS 7  (Server with GUI template)
2. Loaded iRedMail 0.9.8
3. Loaded iRedAdmin Pro 2.9.0

The current running server has exactly the same releases.  The next steps are to:

4. Copy /var/vmail/vmail1 to the new server using scp.
5. Copy databases to the new server using:
            mysql -u root -p [database] < [database].sql

My question is do I need to copy all 6 databases?  It seems that only the vmail database is required -- and maybe iredmail and iredapd.  But wouldn't it be better to use the fresh amavisd, roundcubemail and sogo databases on the new server?

Thanks,
Jack

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Which databases must be moved to new server

If you're running same iRedMail releases on old + new servers, it's ok to migrate all databases EXCEPT THAT ONE NAMED "mysql".

Re: Which databases must be moved to new server

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

If you're running same iRedMail releases on old + new servers, it's ok to migrate all databases EXCEPT THAT ONE NAMED "mysql".

Thanks!  I decided not to copy the roundcubemail or the sogo databases, but did the other four.  Everything came up fine except I forgot to move the security certificate.

Despite the fact that both the old and new servers were at the same release levels, I found several differences in file locations and in the sogo database.  However, going through this process gave me a much better understanding of how the system functions and the complexity of iRedMail.

Thanks for your help!

--- Jack