1 (edited by einicher 2018-07-09 20:47:30)

Topic: After iRedMail installation all ports other apps need no longer work

======== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.8 MYSQL edition.
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi!

I installed iRedMail and installation caused a lot of trouble (it suggested nginx only, although apache was already installed) - but with a lot of googling and time i got it running.

There is just one thing I have no idea on how to solve: I can no longer access ports directly, like IP:PORT from the outside, so basically all nodejs scripts and stuff like gitbucket. It just loads forever until timeout. Inside the server, and everything i connected with apache virtual hosts and proxy mod to domains still works.

Is it possible with iRedMail something is installed, that closes all ports? My first guess was some firewall - a topic i have not much experience in. How do I debug it?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: After iRedMail installation all ports other apps need no longer work

einicher wrote:

There is just one thing I have no idea on how to solve: I can no longer access ports directly, like IP:PORT from the outside, so basically all nodejs scripts and stuff like gitbucket. It just loads forever until timeout.

Do you use port 25 to send email? If yes, please use port 587 with secure connection (TLS) instead.

No i do not use 25 and I am not talking about Ports of the mail system - they work fine. I am talking about any other port that needs to be accessed from outside. Like when i start a node script at localhost:14301 i can access it from local, but not from outside with the ip. All apps that work that way dont work anymore.

einicher wrote:

I am talking about any other port that needs to be accessed from outside.

FYI: https://docs.iredmail.org/network.ports.html

Do you speak English?

You should not install iRedmail at a on-empty server. It should be installed at an empty server with NO running deamons (except SSH) only.

If you install it at a server where other things are already running (web server, etc) you can expect that neither your former servers nor iredmail will work correctly.

I recommend to reinstall iRedmail after a basic OS installation.

einicher wrote:

Do you speak English?

Sorry, i misunderstood your original questions. But "Do you speak English?" makes me feel bad.

You need to tune firewall rules to allow other ports, on Ubuntu, it's /etc/default/iptables.