1 (edited by GuiltyNL 2018-07-30 23:27:33)

Topic: Mail aliasses MySQL command line vs IredAdmin Pro GUI

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.8
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Ngix
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

When I started our mail server I added aliasses to our database via the MySQL command line, all working well.

Example command:

INSERT INTO forwardings (address, forwarding, domain, dest_domain, is_alias, active) VALUES ('dennis@domain2.eu', 'dennis@domain1.nl', 'domain2.eu', 'domain1.eu', 1, 1);

Forward / Alias tested and working well.

When I go to the iReadAdmin-Pro dashboard, to the mailbox and the aliasses tab, I can see 'dennis@domain2.eu' in the list of 'Email addresses of alias accounts'.

However, I didn't pay attention to the remarks on the right of the list:

Emails sent to alias accounts will be delivered to user dennis@domain1.eu.
Email address of alias account must end with domain name(s): domain1.eu.

I added an alias to the existing list and pressed 'Save changes' after that he discarded al the aliases I've made for other domains. Only the aliasses of 'domain1.eu' we mentioned in the list and the others were gone.

I've readded those again via the MySQL command line and they are back in the list.

My question: why am I only able to add aliases for the same domain in that list via the GUI? And why am I able to add aliasses from others domaines via the command line?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Mail aliasses MySQL command line vs IredAdmin Pro GUI

Try to add setting below in /opt/www/iredadmin/settings.py, restart uwsgi service, then try again:

USER_ALIAS_CROSS_ALL_DOMAINS = True

Re: Mail aliasses MySQL command line vs IredAdmin Pro GUI

Thanks! This solved my issue!