Topic: Hostname change help

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
======== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.8
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian Jesse (Fresh Install)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====
Trying 50.XXX.XXX.XXX.
Connected to 50.XXX.XXX.XXX.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 DI-EXAMPLE.example.com ESMTP Postfix

New install for me. After setting A and MX records I did a telnet and noticed I set my host in upper case. (See above)  I changed it in both hosts and hostname, confirmed and rebooted.  Still showing up all upper case. I cleared DNS cache on firewall (PfSense) and server with no change.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Hostname change help

Check this tutorial: https://docs.iredmail.org/change.server.hostname.html

Thank you-  Cup of coffee sent.  smile   I followed the instructions and still displaying in uppercase. It has been a few hours.  Could you also please verify my host file is correct? I replaced actual domain name with "mydoamin"

127.0.0.1       di-mta1.mydomain.com     di-mta1  localhost localhost.localdomain
10.0.20.21      di-mta1.mydomain.com     di-mta1
#127.0.0.1      localhost

# The following lines are desirable for IPv6 capable hosts
::1     localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters

Did you change the hostname in Postfix config file? /etc/postfix/main.cf.

NO_  I missed that one.   Changed and now fixed.   THANK YOU.   PLease confirm host file.  Still not able to receive emails.  MX records validated and can telnet and connect to server.

If you send email from your Gmail account, did you get any bounce message with detailed error?

Yes- It takes 24hours to error.  Included is error data and mx records.   I anonymized a little out of excessive precaution
.  If you need the exact data send me your direct email.   Thank You.  Sending another cup of coffee your way.  smile

DNS Error: 2610334 DNS type 'mx' lookup of mydomain.com responded with code NOERROR 2610334 DNS type 'aaaa' lookup of di-mta1.mydomain.com. responded with code NXDOMAIN 2610334 DNS type 'a' lookup of di-mta1.mydomain.com. responded with code NXDOMAIN

Type     Name     Value     TTL     Actions
a     @     xx.xxx.62.106     1 Hour     Edit
a     mail     xx.xxx.62.106     1 Hour     Edit
cname     www     @     1 Hour     Edit
cname     _domainconnect     _domainconnect.gd.domaincontrol.com     1 Hour     Edit
mx     @     di-mta1.mydomain.com (Priority: 1)     1 Hour     Edit
ns     @     ns63.domaincontrol.com     1 Hour    
ns     @     ns64.domaincontrol.com     1 Hour    
soa     @     Primary nameserver: ns63.domaincontrol.com.     1 Hour

dally wrote:

Yes- It takes 24hours to error.

I need the bounce message in Gmail, it usually contains detailed error for troubleshooting.

dally wrote:

Sending another cup of coffee your way.

Thank you very much.

above I posted the gmail error info and MX record info.  do you need more?

dally wrote:

DNS Error: 2610334 DNS type 'mx' lookup of mydomain.com responded with code NOERROR 2610334 DNS type 'aaaa' lookup of di-mta1.mydomain.com. responded with code NXDOMAIN 2610334 DNS type 'a' lookup of di-mta1.mydomain.com. responded with code NXDOMAIN

Seems no A and MX type DNS records for your mail domain name.

If you give us real domain name, it will be easier for others to help troubleshoot.