Topic: DKIM not signed for remote email client sent mail

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.8
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: ubuntu 16.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): mysql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?no
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hello. I set up a mail server eml1.causeaction.com (hostname is hs1.causeaction.com) as per instructions and did only the configuration mentioned in the documents. I set up the default and only domain as eml1.causeaction.com.

When sending email via the postmaster@eml1.causeaction.com account using Roundcube on the same server host...the email is properly dkim signed. Amavisd-new testkeys results in PASS.

But when I send email using the same account but from a remote email client...there is no dkim signing.
Is that the expected behavior?
How can I fix the iRedMail server to sign authenticated smtp mail when the email client is on a remote machine?
Thank you

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: DKIM not signed for remote email client sent mail

johnk wrote:

But when I send email using the same account but from a remote email client...there is no dkim signing.

Is SMTP authentication enabled in this remote email client? Better show us a screenshot of the SMTP settings in this client.

Hello Zhang.

I have attached an image from one of the 5 iRedMail servers we are using to relay email sent from our mail client Mailwizz. They are all using the same authentication protocols for connection. 3 of the iRedMail servers were properly DKIM signing the emails sent from Mailwizz (which is on it's own separate server) and 2 were not. I was careful to configure the iRed servers all the same way. I finally realized what was different. The 3 servers that were DKIM signing the emails were all built upon Ubuntu 16.04 as supplied by Amazon AWS. The 2 servers that were not DKIM signing were built upon Ubuntu 18.04. I made sure that the iRedMail documents listed Ubuntu 18.04 as a compatible operating system.

To test my theory I deployed 2 new servers set up to replace eml1.causeaction.com and eml2.causeaction.com but this time using Ubuntu 16.04. instead of 18.04. I configured them the same way I configured the 18.04 servers. And now I get DKIM signing on emails deployed from our remote Mailwizz software. Maybe 18.04 is different in some way with security so that iRedMail doesn't work exactly the same with the newer OS? Whatever the case may be I will refrain from setting up Ubuntu 18.04 servers until I know the answer. But at least we are back in business again. Thank you

Post's attachments

delivery-server-settings-eml1.jpg 98.25 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

It's actually a bug of Amavisd package on Ubuntu 18.04. Take a look, patch included:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/debian/+sour … ug/1770532