Topic: Interested in iRedMail

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I am interested in changing our email system from hMail in windows to a standalone Ubuntu server. I have less than 25 users and the server averages about 1000 messages a day. I would like to use an AMD processor since they have the most immunity to SPECTRE and MELTDOWN. However I do not really see any recommendations on processor speed requirements or ram recommendations. Can you make one based on my current needs with a little growth?

I notice that there are security notices in the forum, are these included in the actual install process or are they still necessary modifications to the 0.9.8 install?

I am considering the premium install service, does this include tweaking of the server for optimum operation?

Thanks for your time.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Interested in iRedMail

I am looking at an AMD Athlon X4 845 which is a quad core 3.5ghz processor, 16gb of ram, a 250gb SSD for os and application and a 7200 WD Red 4TB for mailbox storage. I am sure this is a bit overkill in some aspects, but overall does anyone see any issues with this hardware?

With 25 users and 1000 messages per day, 4GB RAM should be enough, the CPU doesn't matter much in this case, so just choose the one your prefer.

kdplumm wrote:

I notice that there are security notices in the forum, are these included in the actual install process or are they still necessary modifications to the 0.9.8 install?

Yes. You can check the date of the posts.

kdplumm wrote:

I am considering the premium install service, does this include tweaking of the server for optimum operation?

No. You can install it by yourself. smile

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

No. You can install it by yourself. smile

I think he meant: If I order the premium install service, will the installer also tweak and optimize the instance for me?