Topic: Replace Nginx with Apache

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.8
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hallo,

I've installed iRedMail on a new Ubuntu 18.04 machine. I'm not very experienced with Nginx and therefore quickly encountered problems (with some other projects I wanted to host in the same server) and would like to switch back to Apache I know better. I don't want to run Nginx as a reverse proxy but want to have a clean system with just one webserver.

I've stopped nginx (service nginx stop) but nginx seems not to be installed via the package system ("apt remove nginx" reports that nginx is not installed). How do I have to remove nginx which was installed by iRedMail so that I can install apache?

Thanks in advance!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Replace Nginx with Apache

Unfortunately, there's no easy way to replace Nginx by Apache manually.

Nginx is actually very simple, once you're familiar with its directory structure (designed by Debian/Ubuntu or iRedMail), it will be very easy to manage.