Topic: Upgrade iRedMail-0.9.8

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.7
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS Linux release 7.0.1406 (Core)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi there

I'm having issues upgrading my iRedMail from version 0.9.7 to version 0.9.8.

We've been using iRedMail for many years now, but it seems that we are missing something on this update.

When I check the upgrade instructions here:
https://docs.iredmail.org/upgrade.iredm … 0.9.8.html

It says that I have to upgrade iRedAPD first. That's done. After that, I should upgrade Upgrade iRedAdmin (in our case, iRedAdmin-Pro), and this is when it gets confusing.

When I execute the upgrade script for iRedAdmin-Pro, I get a message saying the following:

<<< ERROR >>> No mlmmjadmin installation found (/opt/mlmmjadmin).
<<< ERROR >>> Please follow iRedMail upgrade tutorials to the latest
<<< ERROR >>> stable release first, then come back to upgrade iRedAdmin-Pro.
<<< ERROR >>> mlmmj and mlmmjadmin was first introduced in iRedMail-0.9.8.
<<< ERROR >>> https://docs.iredmail.org/iredmail.releases.html

There are no instructions anywhere about this and if I go to https://docs.iredmail.org/iredmail.releases.html, it clearly states that "you do NOT need to download the latest iRedMail and run the script."

So I'm a bit lost here. What are the steps I should take to upgrade versions?

Thanks in advance for your help

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Upgrade iRedMail-0.9.8

Skip iRedAdmin-Pro first and finish other steps, then upgrade iRedAdmin-Pro at the end.

Thanks for your reply. I have another question: it says in the release notes that "Apache has been removed, Nginx is the only one web server available", however, I could not fond any specific instructions for this. Will this be done automatically once I follow the other upgrade instructions?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Skip iRedAdmin-Pro first and finish other steps, then upgrade iRedAdmin-Pro at the end.

Any feedback on t he below?

grupow wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I have another question: it says in the release notes that "Apache has been removed, Nginx is the only one web server available", however, I could not fond any specific instructions for this. Will this be done automatically once I follow the other upgrade instructions?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

grupow wrote:

No, migrating from Apache to Nginx is not covered by iRedMail upgrade tutorial, you can continue running Apache.