Topic: Helo command rejected: Host not found;

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): V2.8.0
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I am having problem to receive emails from different domains, Reading the postfix log I noticed the following:

NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail.diamondtrust.co.tz[41.221.53.90]: 450 4.7.1 <esa1.diamondtrust.co.tz>: Helo command rejected: Host not found; from=<prvs=807f07e8f=test@diamondtrust.co.tz> to=<test@eatv.tv> proto=ESMTP helo=<esa1.diamondtrust.co.tz>

I have tried to add  'check_helo_access' right after 'permit_sasl_authenticated' in main.cf

and add /^esa1\.diamondtrust\.co\.tz$/OK in /etc/postfix/helo_access.pcre

I restarted postfix

and when I tested to send email it is not going through it just create active queue if i checked in maillog.

I have checked mailq and found this message

"host esa1.diamondtrust.co.tz refused to talk to me: 421 Server too busy, retry later (highwatermark reached)"

I ahjve changed the settings in main.cf and helo_access.pcre back to normal but when I send email outside it just keep them in queue.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Helo command rejected: Host not found;

What's the error if you send a new testing email?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

What's the error if you send a new testing email?

This the error we are getting

"Recipient address rejected: Intentional policy rejection, please try again later; "

Another it is not giving error but recipient does not receive the mail and when i check in maillog it create (queue active)

berthageorge wrote:

"Recipient address rejected: Intentional policy rejection, please try again later; "

FYI:
https://docs.iredmail.org/errors.html#i … gain-later

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
berthageorge wrote:

FYI:
https://docs.iredmail.org/errors.html#i … gain-later

Thank,it is working

But Hello command rejected still a problem I have tried all the options

1. add  'check_helo_access' right after 'permit_sasl_authenticated' in main.cf
2.add /^esa1\.diamondtrust\.co\.tz$/OK in /etc/postfix/helo_access.pcre
3.Restart postfix

still the same problem.

Hello command rejected still a problem I have tried all the options

1. add  'check_helo_access' right after 'permit_sasl_authenticated' in main.cf
2.add /^esa1\.diamondtrust\.co\.tz$/OK in /etc/postfix/helo_access.pcre
3.Restart postfix

still the same problem.

Please show me output of command:

postconf smtpd_helo_restrictions

[root@victoria ~]# postconf smtpd_helo_restrictions
smtpd_helo_restrictions = permit_mynetworks    permit_sasl_authenticated        check_helo_access pcre:/etc/postfix/helo_access.pcre    reject_non_fqdn_helo_hostname    reject_unknown_helo_hostname

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Please show me output of command:

postconf smtpd_helo_restrictions

[root@victoria ~]# postconf smtpd_helo_restrictions
smtpd_helo_restrictions = permit_mynetworks    permit_sasl_authenticated        check_helo_access pcre:/etc/postfix/helo_access.pcre    reject_non_fqdn_helo_hostname    reject_unknown_helo_hostname

berthageorge wrote:

NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail.diamondtrust.co.tz[41.221.53.90]: 450 4.7.1 <esa1.diamondtrust.co.tz>: Helo command rejected: Host not found; from=<prvs=807f07e8f=test@diamondtrust.co.tz> to=<test@eatv.tv> proto=ESMTP helo=<esa1.diamondtrust.co.tz>

Add line below in file /etc/postfix/helo_access.pcre should fix this rejection:

/^eas1\.diamondtrust\.co\.tz$/ OK

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
berthageorge wrote:

Add line below in file /etc/postfix/helo_access.pcre should fix this rejection:

/^eas1\.diamondtrust\.co\.tz$/ OK

Hi,

I have added the line in /etc/postfix/helo_access.pcre but still the same problem.

It should work, could you paste the line in /etc/postfix/helo_access.pcre and the Postfix log line? is the HELO hostname same?