Topic: Mails deleted from users pcs after connecting to fresh iredmail server

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====
All my users were connected to an Iredmail server either through pop or imap.
for some reasons I had to shutdown the current server and I setup a new iredmail server by the same old configurations and same domain even the same IP address.
once I added the old users by creating user name and mail address to match that on users pcs the disaster occurred specifically on the imap accounts where all mails on users pc deleted during the first synchronization.
THE QUESTION IS WHY MAILS DELETED AND WHY IT WAS NOT UPLOADED TO THE FOLDERS OF USERS ON THE SERVER??

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Mails deleted from users pcs after connecting to fresh iredmail server

IMAP doesn't create a local copy of the emails (I mean, it can be configured to do it, but by default doesn't), just keep an index of email files presented on the server.

If you still have the old server you need to copy the MailDir from each user to the new instalation and set the permissions to vmail:vmail