Topic: Connection to storage server failed.

- iRedMail version : 0.9.7
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Devuan
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PGSQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): APACHE
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No

Hi , here are the steps i did until this get breaked :

First of all i was on jessie distribution and i updated to ascii
After this i get postfix updated by default witch broked my postfix , but i was able to fix it by downgrading its version .
Postgresql was also updated to 9.6 but i also still have 9.4 version running witch was the one originally installed in iredmail

Then i went to upgrade to 0.9.8 , follow all the steps but in the end it did not worked out , i had some issues .
So i went again to 0.9.7 and downgraded iredadmin , iredlapd
round cube and dovecot was unchanged

Right now i get access to roundcube on the web but i get that message "Connection to storage failed .

When i look up to roundcube config file i dont see any significant changes .

When i go to /var/log/dovecot/ to look for logs then there is none there , by this it means that log file is not working when i try to login .

Any ideas from where i should start ?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Connection to storage server failed.

Any error in roundcube log file?
Check dovecot service  whether running.

dovecot log :
mail dovecot: master: Error: service(lmtp): command startup fail                                              ed, throttling for 2 secs
lmtp: Fatal: master: service(lmtp): child 2491 ret urned error 89                                             urned error 89 (Fatal failure)

mail dovecot: imap-login: Fatal: Invalid ssl_protocols setting:                                               Unknown protocol 'SSLv2'

imap.log
mail dovecot: imap-login: Fatal: Invalid ssl_protocols setting: Unknown protocol 'SSLv2'

lda.log
mail dovecot: lmtp(2379): Fatal: Invalid ssl_protocols setting: Unknown protocol 'SSLv2'

Interesting that these errors only appeared this morning on the log with last time i try to connect .

Edit file /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf, find parameter "ssl_protocols =", then remove "SSLv2", restart dovecot service.

Thank you