Topic: upgrade from 0.9.4 to 0.9.8

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.4
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====
Hi,
I want to upgrade my iredadmin to newest version, Now on me debian server I have installed version 0.9.4.
Which way for upgade this product is the best? I should install one by one 0.9.5 0.9.6 0.9.7 and finaly 0.9.8
or I can install only version 0.9.8
During upgrade to current stable version can I add components to my product? Now I have installed iredadmin with mysql and webmail, I want to add sogo. It's possible?

To be secure, from which file I should make backup? and the last question its any way to not perform server reboot after installation?

thanks for help

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: upgrade from 0.9.4 to 0.9.8

witek1811 wrote:

I should install one by one 0.9.5 0.9.6 0.9.7 and finaly 0.9.8

Yes.

witek1811 wrote:

During upgrade to current stable version can I add components to my product? Now I have installed iredadmin with mysql and webmail, I want to add sogo. It's possible?

You have to install and configure SOGo manually.

witek1811 wrote:

To be secure, from which file I should make backup?

SQL/LDAP databases, files you're going to modify.

3 (edited by witek1811 2018-11-20 22:14:34)

thanks for the fast answer,

Could You told me which file will be modified when I will run script for update?

and for backup:
should I backup only data from MySQL or also database schema? During update will be changed something in MySQL (added/removed some columns/tables)

and I want back to my last question from first post:
its any way to not perform server reboot after installation?

witek1811 wrote:

Could You told me which file will be modified when I will run script for update?

Follow our upgrade tutorial step-by-step, backup file when you're going to modify it.

witek1811 wrote:

should I backup only data from MySQL or also database schema? During update will be changed something in MySQL (added/removed some columns/tables)

You can run 'mysqldump' to backup the sql database.

witek1811 wrote:

its any way to not perform server reboot after installation?

There's no server reboot required at all. but restarting network services like Postfix/Dovecot to load modified config files is required.

5 (edited by witek1811 2018-11-23 20:33:47)

Hi,
readed manual for update https://docs.iredmail.org/migrate.or.up … admin.html
and I have confusion becouse I should update my installation version by version, but in url which is mentioned in installation https://dl.iredmail.org/yum/misc/ the freshest version is
iRedAdmin-0.9.2.tar.bz2    2018-11-03 19:48    388K    
then how I can go to version 0.9.8?
from where I can download update package for
?

iRedMail != iRedAdmin.

thanks for help, upgrade was done successfully.