1 (edited by Neil_Brown 2018-11-20 19:36:12)

Topic: Unexpectedly sending vacation message

- iRedMail version:  0.9.8 MARIADB edition
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  Debian Stretch
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL / MariaDB
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?: no

I experimented with setting a vacation message, via SoGo, and then disabled it. When I look in SoGo for the account, it is showing that it is disabled.

However, I can see from lda.log that a vacation message is still being sent:

Nov 20 09:45:25 iredmail dovecot: lda(<from_address>): sieve: from=<incoming_sender_address>, envelope_sender=<incoming_sender_address>, subject=<subject>, msgid=<message_id>, size=25987, sent vacation response to <incoming_sender_address>

and, in many cases:

discarded duplicate vacation response

I am not sure where to check / what to disable, to stop these messages from being out.

Any thoughts would be welcome.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Unexpectedly sending vacation message

Check the sieve rule file in user's mailbox home directory (usually it's /var/vmail/vmail1/<domain>/.../sieve/). Does it have the vacation directive activated?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Check the sieve rule file in user's mailbox home directory (usually it's /var/vmail/vmail1/<domain>/.../sieve/). Does it have the vacation directive activated?

It has *something* in it (so, thank you, that's a definite good start), but it does look like a normal sieve rule to me:

?i??\L
??user@domainvmail1/domain/a/b/c/neil-2018.09.23.17.15.48/sieve/dovecot.sieve
                     Test reply
4Test reply
<default-subject><default-from><NO-MIME>
                                        `@

Am I safe to delete all the content in this file?

Check file 'dovecot.sieve' (plain text) under this directory, not 'dovecot.sievec' (this is a compiled file).

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Check file 'dovecot.sieve' (plain text) under this directory, not 'dovecot.sievec' (this is a compiled file).

Thanks!

Weirdly, there is no dovecot.sieve or dovecot.sievec in that directly; only dovecot.svbin, which contained the contents above.

If I go into SoGo and recreate the vacation reply, dovecot.sieve is placed into that directory, with the vacation sieve rule and, if I disable the vacation reply, dovecot.sieve is removed.

So it looks like dovecot.svbin somehow became corrupted / left over unnecessarily.