Topic: Dovecot Non-plaintext authentication support
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.8 PGSQL edition.
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PGSQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
Hi, we are setting up a new iRedMail server and we would like to support
Dovecot plaintext AND Non-plaintext authentication.
We changed the Dovecot auth mechanism to
/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf:auth_mechanisms = plain cram-md5 digest-md5 SCRAM-SHA-1
but cram-md5 authentication fails every time.
In settings.py we have:
DEFAULT_PASSWORD_SCHEME = 'SSHA512'
A note in default_settings.py says, that as we are using a SQL backend, multiple passwords are not supported.
Can we support non-plaintext authentication methods while we are using a SQL backend?
How do we have to configure this?