1 (edited by craig 2018-12-07 16:33:12)

Topic: Black- and whitelisted senders missing

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.8
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 7.5
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL (MariaDB)
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?: Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi Zhang,

The logs in iRedAdmin-Pro show entries like this for a domain admin:

2018-12-06 15:07:15     user@myserver.example.com     1.2.3.4     Add whitelists for @myserver.example.com: @.yahoo.com.

If I navigate (as postmaster user) to System -> Anti Spam -> Whitelists & Blacklists I do not see @.yahoo.com listed.

If I navigate to Domains and Accounts -> usersdomain.com -> White/Blacklist, all four boxes are empty.

If I log in as the user and navigate to Domains and Accounts -> usersdomain.com -> White/Blacklist, all four boxes are empty.

The user is complaining that he has whitelsited yahoo.com, but emails from yahoo.com addresses are still being caught in the quarantine.

Why is this?

Craig

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Black- and whitelisted senders missing

I'm a little confused with your real email domain name and the log:

- The log shows whitelist was added for your local mail domain "@myserver.example.com". So this is a per-domain whitelist (for "@myserver.example.com").
- You mentioned domain name is "usersdomain.com", i suppose what you mean is "example.com" which is parent domain of "myserver.example.com"? If yes, then this is not matched.

What i want to know is:

- Show me the domain name in log in correct format (the @myserver.example.com).
- Show me the domain name you checked in iRedAdmin-Pro.
- How can i reproduce this issue step-by-step?

Hi Zhang,

Thanks for your reply, but I'm confused about why you're confused, as that's a copy and paste of the log from my installation of iRedAdmin-Pro, with my own server's domain anonymised. The user's domain does not appear anywhere in the log.

I create domain users on my server in the form of clientCode@subdomain.mydomain.com (user@myserver.example.com in my post). I know you recommend against it in iRedAdmin and iRedAdmin-Pro when creating a user, but that's how I choose to do it.

If you need to know exactly what my domain and sub-domain are, please email or PM me and I'll happily provide them.

This user tried to whitelist @.yahoo.com for his own domain, let's call it example.NET, not for the whole server. His domain does not show up in the log.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

What i want to know is:

- Show me the domain name in log in correct format (the @myserver.example.com).
- Show me the domain name you checked in iRedAdmin-Pro.
- How can i reproduce this issue step-by-step?

* I have copied and pasted the format exactly from iRedAdmin-Pro, but only changed my domain to maintain privacy. Since this isn't a networking question the actual domain shouldn't matter. The only domain that is real is @.yahoo.com
* I don't understand what you mean by "Show me the domain name you checked in iRedAdmin-Pro." Are you looking for a screen capture of something?
* I don't know how you can reproduce this, that's why I'm asking the question. However, I will ask the user to tell me exactly what he did to white- and blacklist these senders, but I suspect he did so from the drop-down list at the bottom of the quarantine page.

Thanks.

Craig

The user confirmed that he selected emails in the quarantine, chose one of the three whitelisting or one of the three blacklisting options in the drop-down list at the bottom of the quarantine page, then clicked the green "Apply" button.

Hope that helps.

Hi @craig,

It's totally fine to use 'example.com/net'  to replace real domain names in forum post (and it's recommended), what confused me is the inconsistent domain names.

- Which iRedAdmin-Pro release are you running?
- How can i reproduce this issue? Login as a normal user and blacklist some sender in the Quarantined Mails page? I need this to check whether it's a bug of iRedAdmin-Pro.

As a temporary solution, you can whitelist it for your user:

python /opt/iredapd/tools/wblist_admin.py --add --whitelist --account 'user@domain.com' '@.yahoo.com'

Hi Zhang,

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

- Which iRedAdmin-Pro release are you running?

Thanks for your reply. I am running iRedAdmin-Pro 2.9.0 (MySQL).

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

- How can i reproduce this issue? Login as a normal user and blacklist some sender in the Quarantined Mails page? I need this to check whether it's a bug of iRedAdmin-Pro.

Yes. I have also asked the user to try black- and whitelisting by entering domains and addresses manually at Domains and Accounts -> example.com -> White/Blacklist to see if that works.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

As a temporary solution, you can whitelist it for your user

Yes, I can also do it in iRedAdmin-Pro, as it seems to be working if I do it as the postmaster.

Thanks.

Craig

OK, now we just need a step-by-step instruction to reproduce this issue as a normal user.
I will wait for your reply.

I gave them already. smile

craig wrote:

The user confirmed that he selected emails in the quarantine, chose one of the three whitelisting or one of the three blacklisting options in the drop-down list at the bottom of the quarantine page, then clicked the green "Apply" button.

craig wrote:

Unfortunately, i can not reproduce this issue with iRedAdmin-Pro-SQL-2.9.0 on CentOS 7.
I'm afraid that direct ssh access with root privilege is required for troubleshooting in this case.

As this is another database-based issue, I'm again going to blame a step that was missed or performed wrongly in the manual upgrade process. I intend to address these lingering database issues by doing a manual migration in the next couple of months to a new, clean installation.

Craig

You replied to a 2-year old thread. Thread closed.