Topic: How to turn off spam-filter and antivirus filtering
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.8
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 16.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): mysql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
I am using iredmail for an SMTP replay with mail sent to it from our own private server and then from there to the recipients. As we are now sending 25000 emails per campaign the server is very slow getting bogged down with Clam scanning and maybe spam scanning.
I tried stopping the Clam services with:
And then I commented out the line in main.cf:
# content_filter = amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10024
But this morning the emails sent from the main server appeared to get "stuck" ion the iredmail server and never reached the recipients.
So I set things back again and hope the mail queue gets processed.
Is there a proper way to shut off AV and Spam scanning that will allow the SMTP email to be sent via the iredmail server quickly?