Topic: How to uninstall mlmmj

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 7.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====
I've installed iRedMail but I don't need mlmmj and I don't want to keep unnecessary software. How do I uninstall it with all its configuration?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: How to uninstall mlmmj

- mlmmj is a required component by iRedMail, especially if you manage iRedMail with iRedAdmin-Pro.
- if you do not run iRedAdmin-Pro and really want to get rid of it, remove the "mlmmj" transport in /etc/postfix/master.cf and main.cf, then remove mlmmj package and /opt/mlmmjadmin*.

Question: we do not publish iRedMail upgrade tutorial for cases like "if you do not run mlmmj", so how are you going to upgrade your system when new iRedMail version comes out?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

- mlmmj is a required component by iRedMail, especially if you manage iRedMail with iRedAdmin-Pro.

I'd like to use iRedAdmin-Pro but I cannot afford it.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

- if you do not run iRedAdmin-Pro and really want to get rid of it, remove the "mlmmj" transport in /etc/postfix/master.cf and main.cf, then remove mlmmj package and /opt/mlmmjadmin*.

Thank you very much.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Question: we do not publish iRedMail upgrade tutorial for cases like "if you do not run mlmmj", so how are you going to upgrade your system when new iRedMail version comes out?

A good question...

I looked through the upgrade tutorial from v.0.9.8 to v.0.9.9 and it seems mlmmj is referenced in upgrade_iredadmin.sh only. There is a check_mlmmjadmin_installation() function and one place where the function is invoked and there is a code chunk 'Enable mlmmj integration'.

So if you put a check there whether iRedAdmin-Pro is used, then the code may be not run for those who have no iRedAdmin-Pro. This is in case you want to continue support for open source edition of iRedAdmin.

We consider mlmmj and mlmmjadmin as required core components in iRedMail, not just in iRedAdmin-Pro. So, we will not do this check in iRedAdmin-Pro upgrade script. You have to take care of this by yourself.