Topic: PHP default version 7.0 on FreeBSD set on make.conf

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: FreeBSD 11.2-RELEASE-p8
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Ngninx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi

I been using iRedMail for 2 years, very happy and bough support of the Admin just due that , not that I needed any of the extra stuff there. Run a small "family & close friends" server only

As PHP 7.o is EOL I was looking into move to 7.2 (the default on FreeBSD 11 now). However I seen that /etc/make.conf has hard set some defaults there

# iRedMail-DEFAULT_VERSIONS
DEFAULT_VERSIONS=ssl=libressl python=2.7 python2=2.7 apache=2.4 pgsql=9.5 php=7.0 mysql=5.5m

I do not recall I have touched those on any of the updates/upgrades of iRedMail during this time. I know apache is gone from iRedMail, and php 7.0 is EOL. I am wondering if those get udpated on iRedMail flow or not. If yes, when can we move to 7.1 or 7.2 that have security updates?

Thanks a lot

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: PHP default version 7.0 on FreeBSD set on make.conf

This line was added by iRedMail installer. You're free to update it to match your needs after iRedMail installation.

Re: PHP default version 7.0 on FreeBSD set on make.conf

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

This line was added by iRedMail installer. You're free to update it to match your needs after iRedMail installation.

Thanks