Topic: Spamgourmet Integration?

Hy, just to point it out, spamgourmet may be closed, and it might maybe interesting to have spamgourmet functionality in ired:
https://bbs.spamgourmet.com/viewtopic.p … 8ab0c792fd

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Spamgourmet Integration?

I read your link, sad story. sad

I just read its home page (https://www.spamgourmet.com/index.pl):

How spamgourmet works

If you give your email address to everyone, you are bound to receive spam emails, and you won't know where they came from. Wouldn't it be convenient to give a different email address to every business or web site, while getting all your email as before? Wouldn't it be easiest to assume the address will be given to spammers, and have it work as a spam blocker by shutting off automatically unless you decide otherwise?

That's exactly what spamgourmet offers! There is nothing to install on your computer, and once you're set up, it's likely you won't ever have to come back here. This is what makes spamgourmet one of the most convenient and effective anti-spam tools available.

Protect yourself from spam in three easy steps:

1. If you haven't done it yet, create a spamgourmet account. Enter your user name and the email address you want to be protected. You will be asked to identify the word in a picture and pick a password.

2. Spamgourmet will forward to this address all the emails sent to your spamgourmet addresses -- that way you don't have to tell anyone else what it is -- this is why it's called the protected address. Of course, this protected address must exist. That's why you have to confirm it. You'll receive an email asking you to confirm.

3. After you have confirmed your protected address, you can give out self-destructing email addresses whenever you want. The spamgourmet addresses are like:

According to the introduction, it works like a mail forwarding. You don't need anything else besides a standard iRedMail installation to get mail forwarding, but you may need to develop a web UI for this purpose. I saw forum user "loki9797979797" mentioned iRedMail, i personally have no interest to integrate it (either the full spamgourmet features or just the web ui) in iRedMail, sorry.

The idea of "spamgourmet" may be cool 18 years ago, for personal email address protection. But today people care more about privacy, especially business emails. Concerns for BUSINESS email:

- If you do normal business with others, i think they prefer getting your real business email address directly, and send to it.
- If all your emails go to spamgourmet first, spamgourmet is able to view your email content technically. where's your privacy?