1 (edited by fjmr 2019-01-31 15:10:00)

Topic: "The imap server does not support the selected identification method"

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.4
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes.
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi there,
I cant see my mails on thunderbird, it has always been working and nothing has been modified. But i can see the mails on Roundcube.
The messages sais: "The imap server does not support the selected identification method" and the identification method is STARTTLS and normal password.
Thxss

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: "The imap server does not support the selected identification method"

fjmr wrote:

The messages sais: "The imap server does not support the selected identification method" and the identification method is STARTTLS and normal password.

Is the network port of IMAP/POP3 service correct in Thunderbird?
Is your IP address blocked in iptables firewall?

3 (edited by fjmr 2019-02-04 15:45:37)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
fjmr wrote:

Is the network port of IMAP/POP3 service correct in Thunderbird?
Is your IP address blocked in iptables firewall?

Hello!
Thanks for answering my post.
It is correct, I can send / receive messages with thunderbird using a private address. It is very strange when I use the normal configuration, as always with mail.myserver.com,
I can not send messages on the local area network with mail.myserver.com, but I can do it from outside. On the other hand, from the local network I can use the configuration with the private ip of my server 192.168.x.x
From one day to the next it stopped working ..

It's so strange, there's no ip blocking in the firewall, no additional configurations ...
One of the error: SMTP Error: 535 5.7.8 Authentication credentials invalid

When you got this error in Thunderbird, any relevant log in Postfix log file on iRedMail server?