Topic: Accessing mail server from LAN without SSL exception error.

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version 0.99
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?Downloadable
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): NGINX
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? NO

====
I have a Dell Server with fresh IRedmail server.  Accessing Roundcube and SOGo with SSL (443) works fine.

Dell server has 10.10.50.50 ETH0 and 10.10.50.51 ETH1. Both connected to an office LAN. ETH0 is NATTED(MIP) through firewall with appropriate policies.

Trying to figure out how to avoid SSL exception error when accessing from the same LAN.  I would use https://10.10.50.51 on my browser to access Iredmail server locally, not the https://mail.mycompany.com

The nginx sites-available ssl-default has the catch all for server listening
/etc/nginx/sites-available/00-default-ssl.conf

server {
    listen 443;
    server_name _;

Do I put the 10.10.50.51 ip in the nginx config as one of the server names or is there some config for SSL I need to modify?

thank you!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Accessing mail server from LAN without SSL exception error.

- If you use an IP address as server hostname, web browser will always raise ssl error due to no matched ssl cert.
- you can add exception in web browser directly, then no warning next time.

Re: Accessing mail server from LAN without SSL exception error.

Internal server names and reserved IPs are not allowed in public ssl. Top level domains are only valid in the context of a local network. The enterprise's real mail server to gain access to all email contents. Use of application logs for diagnostics or to gather statistical information. I found one more isse that when I was going to print something from this the page was not printing. Then I got Refill Canon Printer’s Ink, which helped me out to get out of that issue.