Topic: Letsencrypt with new iRed Pro installation - not working
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9 MARIADB edition.
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? used the tar files
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
I have been at a stand still because of the lets encrypt cert. I can't get it to verify my system.
I created a new installation with a different host/domain name, and it worked... but I need it to work for my main server.
I did 'yum install certbot' to make sure I wasn't using --nginx per the instructions:
Here is what I keep getting and can't get past. This is a brand new installation with no changes other than importing the databases that are required.
Waiting for verification...
Cleaning up challenges
Failed authorization procedure. mail.mydomain.com (http-01): urn:ietf:params:acme:error:unauthorized :: The client lacks sufficient authorization :: Invalid response from http://mail.mydomain.com/.well-known/ac … _ho5EzrDw: "<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC \"-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN\">\n<html><head>\n<title>404 Not Found</title>\n</head><body>\n<h1>Not Found</h1>\n<p"
- The following errors were reported by the server:
Detail: Invalid response from
http://mail.mydomain.com/.well-known/ac … _ho5EzrDw:
"<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC \"-//IETF//DTD HTML
To fix these errors, please make sure that your domain name was
entered correctly and the DNS A/AAAA record(s) for that domain
contain(s) the right IP address.