Topic: Not able to send or receive mail. (Happens every few months)

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): v0.9.8
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Not sure.
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Non-Pro
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue. - I don't see any errors/know where to find them.
====

Hello, I'm having issues with not being able to send or receive any mail.

I had a developer do the setup for me and all was working perfectly for a while, then it stopped sending/receiving.

The mail server stopped sending/receiving mail twice before, about 3 months apart (so I'm wondering if it has to do with letsencrypt) - and he was able to get it working both times before.

However now that developer is MIA so I want to attempt to fix it myself.

Would also like to find a permanent fix so I don't have to fix this again every few months.

But I'm really not sure what the problem is.

I'm a web developer so I think I can work through it but I've never worked with iRedMail personally before so I'm hoping you guys can help walk me through it.

I'm sure you guys will need more information to help me, but I'm not sure which information you require.

Please let me know and I will get that info to you as soon as possible.

Thank you.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Not able to send or receive mail. (Happens every few months)

About "not able" to send/receive, what error message did you get?

3 (edited by jfny100 2019-02-24 12:13:59)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Where can I view the error messages?

All I know is that at this moment in time:

When I send an email from my server to say, gmail, gmail never receives it (not in spam either).
When I send an email from gmail to my server, my server never receives it.

It used to work both ways fine.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

I'll certainly buy you a cup of coffee if you can help me with this. Maybe even a few.

jfny100 wrote:

When I send an email from my server to say, gmail, gmail never receives it (not in spam either).
When I send an email from gmail to my server, my server never receives it.

Please check Postfix log file: /var/log/maillog (it's a symbol link to /var/log/mail.log).

Postfix is the SMTP server, each time you send out email or receive one from outside, Postfix will log something. If you can not send or receive, there must be some error relevant. Please try to send new testing email, and monitor its log file, paste relevant error/warning log here so that others can help troubleshoot.