1 (edited by zuotoski 2019-02-27 03:45:19)

Topic: A little help about DNS

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.6 OPENLDAP edition
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? iRedMail Easy
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu Linux 14.04.4
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP / MS AD
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi!
   I would like some help to understand an issue. I don't know if it is a DNS misconfiguration, a new rule or something that can be done to avoid this kind of thing.

Here's what happens:

We are having problems to send e-mail to some domains, just because these domains can't be resolved by their "A" records (apparently).
   So, if I try to ping "araucaria.pr.org.br" fo example, it says that this name can't be found (can't be resolved):

# ping araucaria.pr.org.br
ping: unknown host araucaria.pr.org.br

But if I try to ping "www.araucaria.pr.gov.br" the name is resolved.

# ping www.araucaria.pr.gov.br
PING www.araucaria.pr.gov.br (177.11.21.19) 56(84) bytes of data.

Now, when using Hotmail to send the message, for example, it works without any error and the recipient receives the email. But when using iRedMail, it doesn't work, because it can't resolv the domain name.

The same thing happens to this domain: arcelormittal.com.br and happened to others, but I can't remember which now.

So, is this a wrong DNS configuration by the domain owner or is there something that can be done in iRedMail to avoid this?

Thanks for any help/advise and sorry for my ignorance.

Cheers smile

EDIT: it seems that the problem has been solved, because now we can send e-mail for both domains. I didn't do anything to the server, it started to work without my interference.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.