1 (edited by mike175de 2019-02-28 21:53:06)

Topic: [SOLVED] Whole system unreachable after fresh installation on a VPS

Hey there,

I did a fresh installation of iRedmail 0.9.9 (installer) on a fresh VPS-installation of Ubuntu 18.04.

The installation itself went through without any error (Nginx, MariaDB). I accepted the question for the sshd-firewall rule as well as the question for restarting the firewall at the end of the installation process.

When I do a reboot of my system, I'm unable to reach my system. Neither via ssh or webmin (for which I opened the port in the firewall before restarting the firewall). I can't reach the Url https://myserver/mail, SOGo and so on as well (also not with the IP of the system https://123.123.123.123/mail).

I have acces via VNC on the VPS. Is there any way to see what the cause of this is?
If anything specific needed (logfiles etc.) please let me know.

Thx for your help,
mike175de

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: [SOLVED] Whole system unreachable after fresh installation on a VPS

Make sure the web server you are using is running. Should be nginx.

Thx for your reply.

As I mentioned, SSH on Port 22 and Webmin on Port 10000 are also not responding/reachable. Nginx is up and running when I do VNC into the system for checking.

I did a fresh installation of the VPS and deleted netplan as NetworkManager. I installed the pre 18.04-standard ifupdown (interface) and the system was reachable after a reboot (ssh, webmin ,all the installed websites of iRedMail) again.

Is iRedMail changing anything in the config of netplan?

Best regards, mike175de

mike175de wrote:

Thx for your reply.

As I mentioned, SSH on Port 22 and Webmin on Port 10000 are also not responding/reachable. Nginx is up and running when I do VNC into the system for checking.

I did a fresh installation of the VPS and deleted netplan as NetworkManager. I installed the pre 18.04-standard ifupdown (interface) and the system was reachable after a reboot (ssh, webmin ,all the installed websites of iRedMail) again.

Is iRedMail changing anything in the config of netplan?

Best regards, mike175de

You may want to check to see if fail2ban is blocking you.

You can check your IP address with the iptables-save command

I'm not sure why, but the installation routine changed an entry in the netplan-config. I rechanged it and everything is fine again.

Thx.