Hey there,

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? INstaller
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MariaDB
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====
I tried to use the auto learn spam/ham function as described in https://docs.iredmail.org/dovecot.imapsieve.html.

When I restart the system, I receive this error in sieve.log:

Error: Couldn't load required plugin /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lib95_imap_sieve_plugin.so: dlopen() failed: /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lib95_imap_sieve_plugin.so: undefined symbol: command_hook_register
Mar 01 06:41:25 lda: Fatal: Internal error occurred. Refer to server log for more information.

When I comment out the part mentioned under the section Enable imap_sieve plugin of the manual, everythings fine and working again.

When i google the error, I find this: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugrepo … bug=882276

where it reads:

command_hook_register is defined in the imap processes only. I suspect
you have enabled the imap-sieve plugin globally throughout dovecot, and
not only for the imap protocol. Note that there are two sieve plugins:
the imap-sieve plugin provides the ability to run sieve scripts on IMAP
actions and the regular sieve plugin runs sieve scripts on regular mail
delivery.

I'm not sure what to do with this explanation.
Any hints on that? I wouls like to use the function of auto learning.

Thx for your help
mike175de

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Error with Auto learn spam/ham with Dovecot imap_sieve plugin

mike175de wrote:

Error: Couldn't load required plugin /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lib95_imap_sieve_plugin.so: dlopen() failed: /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lib95_imap_sieve_plugin.so: undefined symbol: command_hook_register

Seems your Dovecot deb packages have some issue, not its configuration.
But i'm still kindly asking you to double check your Dovecot configuration by comparing to our tutorial AGAIN:
https://docs.iredmail.org/dovecot.imapsieve.html

mike175de wrote:

Mar 01 06:41:25 lda: Fatal: Internal error occurred. Refer to server log for more information.

What's the relevant error log in /var/log/dovecot/*.log? particularly lda.log.

Hi,

I have exactly the same trouble. Each time I try to activate the imap_sieve plugin :

2023-11-15T10:01:01.587764+01:00 mail2 dovecot: quota-status(992811): Error: Failed to lookup xx@xxxxxx.fr: Couldn't load required plugin /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lib95_imap_sieve_plugin.so: dlopen() failed: /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lib95_imap_sieve_plugin.so: undefined symbol: command_hook_register

Did you find what is the problem ?

Please open a own thread and deliver proper error logs and system informations to get help