Topic: Unable to send emails from google using SMTP
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9 PGSQL edition.
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Yes
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PGSQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
We're trying to connect a Gmail account to an account in our server, but Gmail says that is unable to connect and I've to check the server and port:
I've tried port 25 and also 465 (but this port is disabled on server config, so it's not usefull). I'm able to connect to SMTP using thunderbird and same configuration (mail host, port, and STARTTLS), but not using port 25 so looks like there's something configured to foce user to use secure connection (that don't really cares and is better to keep it).
Also I've tested the SSL cert using this command:
openssl s_client -starttls smtp -showcerts -connect mail.host:587
and certificate is right.
I'd like to provide any logs, but I don't know how to filter the tons of logs I've got on server to find anything usefull.
Can someone help me to find/debug this problem?.