Topic: Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB or Postgres?
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.99
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: FreeBSD 12.0-RELEASE
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL, for now
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
The recent problems with MySQL and FreeBSD 12 have me thinking it may finally be time to move away from MySQL. Two questions:
1. In a previous thread you said migrating to MariaDB was simply a matter of dumping the databases, uninstalling MySQL, installing MariaDB, and then restoring the DBs. Is that still true?
2. What about PostgreSQL? Is the migration the same, or does it require some different procedure?