Topic: How to increase session timeout for SOGo

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PGSQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I have noticed that a logged in user to SOGo webmail would be logged out automatically after some time of inactivity (after putting PC into sleep for couple of hours and on again). How to increase that time? Make it even for days (similar to Gmail)? How to keep the user logged in (be able to resume using SOGo mail without re-entering username and password) even after days of being inactive?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

2 (edited by MW 2019-03-21 02:18:02)

Re: How to increase session timeout for SOGo

Any help please?

I have commented out and set the following line in /etc/cron.d/sogo but still sessions get expired very quickly:

* * * * *      sogo    /usr/sbin/sogo-tool expire-sessions 10080 > /dev/null 2>&1

i.e. 7 days

but it is not working. Any idea how to make the web browser sessions last for a longer time period? Thank you.

I don't think keeping it logged in for so long is a good idea...

4 (edited by MW 2019-03-21 22:17:36)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

I don't think keeping it logged in for so long is a good idea...

But Google does that, it keeps the user logged in for days in same browser.

SOGo document doesn't mention this, i'm afraid i have no idea if updating sogo cron job doesn't work.
I suggest posting to SOGo mailing list to ask: https://sogo.nu/support.html

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

SOGo document doesn't mention this, i'm afraid i have no idea if updating sogo cron job doesn't work.
I suggest posting to SOGo mailing list to ask: https://sogo.nu/support.html

I have posted my question there, but no one suggested a solution to this issue yet.

7 (edited by MW 2019-03-27 01:49:29)

Here is the solution smile

Editing cron jobs for user sogo:

crontab -u sogo -e

By modifying number of minutes before expiring inactive session (e.g. replacing 30 to 120 to increase that time to 2 hours):

*   *   *   *   *   /usr/sbin/sogo-tool expire-sessions 120 >/dev/null 2>&1; /usr/sbin/sogo-ealarms-notify >/dev/null 2>&1

Thanks for sharing. smile