Topic: Delete inactive users

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable Installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? no
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Is it possible to query the last date a user logged in?   I'm considering using iRedMail as a replacement for an existing server.  On the existing server I query users who haven't logged within 365 days and delete them.   Is this possible with iRedMail?

Thanks,
Bob

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Delete inactive users

I'd love this also

FYI: https://docs.iredmail.org/track.user.last.login.html

Zhang,

Thanks for the information.   I'm happy to see it's so easy to track a user's last login date.   With this information it will be trivial to write code to delete inactive users!!!

Thanks again,
Bob

I just put this in place, and it works great. I have a question.

The doc page (https://docs.iredmail.org/track.user.last.login.html) contains this line:
"For OpenLDAP backend, since it doesn't have vmail SQL database, so we create it in iredadmin instead, it will be easier for iRedAdmin(-Pro) to read this info."

I use LDAP, and the info is being recorded in the iredadmin->last_login table just fine.

Does this mean there is a way to see that info in the iRedAdmin Pro front end?
Thanks.

Got this working. But under the database entry named "last_login" it is an odd format I am not used to. For example 1554391952. What kind of time stamp is this format?

It's a standard UNIX timestamp.

The Unix epoch (or Unix time or POSIX time or Unix timestamp) is the number of seconds that have elapsed since January 1, 1970 (midnight UTC/GMT), not counting leap seconds (in ISO 8601: 1970-01-01T00:00:00Z).

For instance 1554391952 translates to GMT: Thursday, April 4, 2019 3:32:32 PM
There are PHP functions to convert both ways:
echo date('m/d/Y', 1554391952);
and
strtotime ( string $time [, int $now = time() ] ) : int

jstewart wrote:

The latest iRedAdmin-Pro release doesn't support this yet (because this doc was published AFTER the iRedAdmin-Pro release), but i will make it happen in next release.

jstewart wrote:

I use LDAP, and the info is being recorded in the iredadmin->last_login table just fine.

Thanks.

Dear jstewart,

Last login date will be displayed on user list page and profile page, it's implemented in development edition of iRedAdmin-Pro, will be available in upcoming release.