1

Topic: iredapd ERROR: Error while initializing greylisting tracking

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: FreeBSD 12.0
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? 3.3
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I'm getting this error:

iredapd ERROR: Error while initializing greylisting tracking: DataError('(_mysql_exceptions.DataError) (1406, "Data too long for column \'sender\' at row 1")',)

How do I fix it?

2

Re: iredapd ERROR: Error while initializing greylisting tracking

- Which version of MySQL/MariaDB are you running?
- Please login to MySQL server as root user, then show me output of commands below:

USE iredapd;
DESC greylisting_tracking;

Please compare the structure of SQL table "greylisting_tracking" with the default one:
https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredapd/src/d … #lines-180

----

Does my reply help a little? How about buying me a cup of coffee ($5) as an encouragement?

buy me a cup of coffee

3

Re: iredapd ERROR: Error while initializing greylisting tracking

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

- Which version of MySQL/MariaDB are you running?
- Please login to MySQL server as root user, then show me output of commands below:

USE iredapd;
DESC greylisting_tracking;

Please compare the structure of SQL table "greylisting_tracking" with the default one:
https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredapd/src/d … #lines-180

I'm using MySQL 5.7.25

[iredapd]> DESC greylisting_tracking;
+----------------+---------------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| Field          | Type                | Null | Key | Default | Extra          |
+----------------+---------------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| id             | bigint(20) unsigned | NO   | PRI | NULL    | auto_increment |
| sender         | varchar(255)        | NO   | MUL | NULL    |                |
| recipient      | varchar(255)        | NO   |     | NULL    |                |
| client_address | varchar(40)         | NO   | MUL | NULL    |                |
| sender_domain  | varchar(255)        | NO   | MUL |         |                |
| rcpt_domain    | varchar(255)        | NO   | MUL |         |                |
| init_time      | int(10) unsigned    | NO   |     | 0       |                |
| block_expired  | int(10) unsigned    | NO   |     | 0       |                |
| record_expired | int(10) unsigned    | NO   |     | 0       |                |
| blocked_count  | bigint(20)          | NO   |     | 0       |                |
| passed         | tinyint(1)          | NO   |     | 0       |                |
+----------------+---------------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
11 rows in set (0.00 sec)

[iredapd]> DESC greylisting;
+-----------------+---------------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| Field           | Type                | Null | Key | Default | Extra          |
+-----------------+---------------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| id              | bigint(20) unsigned | NO   | PRI | NULL    | auto_increment |
| account         | varchar(100)        | NO   | MUL |         |                |
| priority        | tinyint(2)          | NO   |     | 0       |                |
| sender          | varchar(100)        | NO   |     |         |                |
| sender_priority | tinyint(2)          | NO   |     | 0       |                |
| comment         | varchar(255)        | NO   | MUL |         |                |
| active          | tinyint(1)          | NO   |     | 1       |                |
+-----------------+---------------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
7 rows in set (0.00 sec)

4

Re: iredapd ERROR: Error while initializing greylisting tracking

upnavigator wrote:

iredapd ERROR: Error while initializing greylisting tracking: DataError('(_mysql_exceptions.DataError) (1406, "Data too long for column \'sender\' at row 1")',)

What's the sender address of this email? you can find it in /var/log/iredapd/iredapd.log.
Seems the sender address has more than 255 characters.

----

Does my reply help a little? How about buying me a cup of coffee ($5) as an encouragement?

buy me a cup of coffee

5

Re: iredapd ERROR: Error while initializing greylisting tracking

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
upnavigator wrote:

iredapd ERROR: Error while initializing greylisting tracking: DataError('(_mysql_exceptions.DataError) (1406, "Data too long for column \'sender\' at row 1")',)

What's the sender address of this email? you can find it in /var/log/iredapd/iredapd.log.
Seems the sender address has more than 255 characters.

Log seems to be empty since marts 25!

Post's attachments

iredapd.log.png
iredapd.log.png 45.08 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

6

Re: iredapd ERROR: Error while initializing greylisting tracking

upnavigator wrote:

Log seems to be empty since marts 25!

Oops, try to restart syslog (first) and "iredapd" (second) services and check log file again.

----

Does my reply help a little? How about buying me a cup of coffee ($5) as an encouragement?

buy me a cup of coffee