Topic: Connect to iRedmail Ldap server remotely
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): iRedMail-0.9.9
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): NGINX
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
I am wondering, how do I connect to OpenLdap via Ldap Admin?
I installed iRedmail with OpenLdap. When I am using ldapsearch -x -D everything works fine. iredadmin works as well. Thus, I am trying to connect to Ldap remotely from my home pc and it always shows up as Ldap error: server is down.
Slapd is running active. I opened the ports on ufw; I disabled ufw. Nothing helped.
Any suggestions on that please? Thank you