Topic: SMTP Auth rejected in maillist
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9 OPENLDAP edition
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian Stretch
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
I have a strange issue with sending a mail to a maillist containing a person in another iredmail system. So I have two different iRedMail installations with different mail domains. Lets call them mail01.com and mail02.com.
On mail01.com, I have a maillist. Mainly containing users that has mail01.com addresses, and one that has mail02.com address. The strange part is that when I send a mail from a mail02.com address, to this maillist in mail01.com. I recieve an error for that particular user that has mail02.com address.
So you can send to that maillist from mail01.com without any errors. And you can also send to it from an third mailservice without any errors.
This is the error that I recieve:
This is the mail system at host mail.mail01.com.
I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.
For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.
If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the attached returned message.
The mail system
<email@example.com>: host mail.mail02.com[220.127.116.11]
said: 554 5.7.1 <firstname.lastname@example.org>: Recipient address
rejected: SMTP AUTH is required for users under this sender domain (in
reply to RCPT TO command)
I've tried to add the mail01.com mailserver to MYNETWORKS in /opt/iredapd/settings.py. But that didn't help. So any other ideas on how I can solve this issue?