Topic: LDAP + mlmmj user unknown
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version: 0.9.9
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: FreeBSD 11.2-RELEASE
- Store mail accounts in which backend: LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
I recently did an upgrade to 0.9.9 manually (started on 0.9.7). I created mailing lists and ran into the same problem that is described in this other post.
The solution offered by Waschl works. I had to change my transport_maps_user.cf file to get mlmmj to work.
Should the default change? As installed, the ldap transport_maps_user.cf doesn't work, does it? Doesn't everyone need to make this change if they're using LDAP and mlmmj? Or is this an unusual situation where only some users need to make this change? I'm just thinking this needs better documentation or it needs to become the default. It's been a year since that forum post was made, but I did the 0.9.9 upgrade just last month and it was broken. Or maybe I've missed something somewhere?