Topic: Mail server migration

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9 MARIADB edition
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
====

Hello,

I just installed the free iredmail solution and all works perfectly.

I want to make a smooth migration between my current mail hoster (OVH) and my server. (I have more than 5,000 mail accounts).

I would like to change my MX server from my domain to my new iredmail server.
If the account does not exist on my Iredmail server, I would like to redirect the email to my former hoster.

This will allow me to migrate little by little all my accounts over several weeks using both servers. (see several months).

Can you help me set up this configuration on my Iredmail server?

Thank you in advance.

(Sorry English is not my native language I use google translation)

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Mail server migration

It's better to migrate all accounts at the same time and not little by little.

I know ZhangHuangbin, but I have more than 5000 accounts spread over a hundred sites.
The boxes are installed on outlook.
I could not do the migration at once ...

5000 accounts in same domain or different domains?

You can try this tutorial:
https://gist.github.com/iredmail/fda90a … c18638e047

Yes it's only one domain.

Actually I saw your link in another post yesterday and I tested this solution, the problem is that the current mail provider (OVH) sends me the following message when the mail is transferred 530 5.7.1 Client was not authenticated (in reply to mail FROM command).

ThomasG wrote:

the problem is that the current mail provider (OVH) sends me the following message when the mail is transferred 530 5.7.1 Client was not authenticated (in reply to mail FROM command).

What does this "client was not authenticated" mean? it doesn't look like sent by Postfix configured by iRedMail.